According to the Panchang, Gupt Navratri is starting from 19th of June 2023 and will end on 27th June 2023 in this year.
About Gupt Navratri
Gupt Navratri is a propitious 9-day observance that is devoted to revering nine different forms of Goddess Shakti or Durga. It is one of the important festivities observed by Hindus with utmost dedication and enthusiasm. Devotees worship nine forms of Nava Durga during Gupt Navratri to fulfill their wishes and aspirations. Navratri has special significance and importance in Hinduism. There is a total of four Navratri in a year. In which there are two normal and two secret Navratri. According to religious faith and convictions, ten Mahavidyas are worshiped during Gupt Navratri. Tantra Vidya (Tantra is a depiction used to depict the esoteric mystical and ritualistic religious traditions typically linked with Shaktism in the Hindu tradition) has a special importance in this worship.
Rules to be followed during this Navratri – Do’s & Don’ts
● In the Gupt Navratri Puja, first of all, after taking a bath in the morning,
● During Gupt Navratri, the mother is worshiped without informing anyone. It is mandatory to worship the mother both in the morning and in the evening.
● After that the puja is started. In the morning and evening worship of Gupt Navratri, Batashe is offered to Mother Durga.
● Purify the entire worship place by sprinkling water.
● During the worship, all the items of makeup are offered to the mother.
● Recite Durga Saptashati in the worship of both the times
● Keep your diet and eat simple food for the whole nine days.
● After Durga Puja on Ashtami or Navami, worship nine girls
● After worshiping Durga on the last day, do Ghat immersion
● Chant Om du Durgayi Namah while worshiping the mother.
● Do not use steel or iron urn in worship even by mistake.
● If you are also fasting or worshiping Gupt Navratri, then try and sleep on the ground.
● Don't think bad of anyone.
● Do not eat non vegetarian food.
● Do not worship with the aim of harming anyone.
● Do not eat garlic and onion by mistake.
● Do not get angry.
● It is also considered that black clothes should be avoided during Gupt Navratri.
● It is also regarded that people having serious health issues and women those are pregnant should avoid this strict fast.
What should be offered during Gupt Navratri to Maa Durga
Decorate the place of worship in which vermilion, saffron, camphor, barley, incense, clothes, mirror, comb, bracelet-bangle, fragrant oil, bandana, mango leaves, red flowers, durva, henna, bindi, betel nut, whole turmeric Lump and ground turmeric, Patra, Asana, Outpost, Roli, Molly, Flower, Bel leaf, Kamalgatta, Barley, Bandanavar, Lamp, Honey, Sugar, Panchmeva, Nutmeg, Mace, Coconut, Seat, Sand, Clay, Betel, clove, cardamom, urn made of clay or brass, havan material, plate for worship, white clothes, milk, curd, season fruit, mustard white and yellow, Gangajal etc.
Separate the items of worship, decorations and havan items from the above and offer red colored clothes, flowers, kanku, chunari, coconut, fruits and 16 items of makeup to the idol of Goddess Durga from the items of worship. After this, offer all the ingredients one by one with full devotion.
Days Tithi Puja
1 Pratipada Shailputri Puja and Ghatasthapana
2 Dwitiya Brahmacharini Puja
3 Tritiya Chandraghanta Puja
4 Chaturthi Kushmanda Puja
5 Panchami Skandamata Puja
6 Sashthi Katyayani Puja
7 Saptami Kalaratri Puja
8 Ashtami Maha Gauri Puja
9 Navami Siddhidatri Puja
Significance of Gupt Navratri
● Gupt Navratri has special significance especially for people associated with Tantric activities, Shakti Sadhana, Mahakal etc.
● During this, devotees of Goddess Bhagwati do fast and sadhna with very strict rules.
● During this time people try to get rare powers by doing long sadhna.
● Lord Vishnu is in the middle of the period of sleep, then the deity powers start weakening. At that time, the wrath of Rudra, Varuna, Yama etc. starts increasing on the earth, to protect against these calamities, Goddess Durga is worshiped in Gupt Navratri.
● Ordinary human beings should worship only the simple form of Maa Durga.
● Special care is taken of purity in Gupt Navratri.
● That's why the secret Navratri is special and unique.
Benefits of Gupt Navratri-
In the Gupt Navratri, the goddess is revered with tantra-mantra. This time is special for Shaktas (worshippers of Mahakali) and Shaivas (worshippers of Lord Shiva).
● These pujas will help you to overcome poverty and financial problems.
● Kanya Pujan will help you to achieve wisdom and success in your life.
● Get rid of all kinds of negativity and fear.
● With the help of these pujas, one can receive the divine blessing of Devi Shakti.
● By performing these pujas, you will get the wealth and prosperity in your professional life.
● These pujas will remove the obstacles from your success path.
● These pujas also helps in the safety of bad spirits.
● Navratri pujas will also help to enhance your self-confidence.
Effective Vedic Solutions
15+ Years of Experience
2 Lacs + Homas & Poojas